I just wanted to alert everyone to a website called nikefreesale.com. My wife bought what she thought was a pair of Nike running shoes for my son. However, when they arrived, they very much appear to be counterfeit.
After doing some research on this, here are the warning signs we missed:
- poor quality of the website (misspellings, poor quality graphics, etc.)
- McAfee Secure shield and other security-related graphics not clickable
- registration page was not secure (not https)
Here is what makes us think the shoes are counterfeit:
- very poor quality
- they are one-half to one size smaller than what we ordered (poor fit)
- were not shipped in their original box (even though the email support person said they were)
We are working with our bank to dispute the credit card charge. Hopefully, we will get our money back.
A "whois" domain lookup shows that this company is registered in Nanchang, China and hosted by Bluehost.com in Provo, Utah. The other domains associated with this same IP address are:
I would avoid all of them.
Review about: Nike Shoes.